Thursday 7 September 2017

Season of mellow fruitfulness

For various reasons I haven't grown vegetables this year.  However, I still get homegrown vegetables.  Just not grown at my home.

I'm not feeling 100% at the moment (eye problems) and yesterday was a very lazy day food-wise.  I had apples and peanut butter for breakfast, and cheese sandwich for lunch.  I have to leave an hour between taking medication and consuming food and it's left me in a not-too-bothered-about-what-I-eat sort of mood but my dear friend from along the road rang and offered me home-grown lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber.  I found a few bits and pieces to add to that so my evening meal was rather more tempting.  

Today I think I need to spend.  Apples.  Unless, of course, I can find someone with apples to give away!

1 comment:

  1. Getting home grown veggies free is nice. Hope, you got some one to give you home grown apples.

    ReplyDelete