Wednesday 6 September 2017

Food to match the plate

I hate opening the fridge and hearing the contents sniggering at me.  That's what the savoy cabbage was doing, I swear.  There it sat, mocking me.  "Why did you buy me?  What are you going to do with me?  Can I just sit here looking gorgeous?"

Well let me tell you, no cabbage is going to get the better of me.  I'm going to munch that brassica down to the last leaf.

The first six leaves have gone and very nice they were too.  Not got a clue if this dish has a proper name but here you go.
Meal to match the plate!

Put pasta on to cook in boiling water.

Meanwhile fry bacon lardons gently in olive oil until cooked but not crisp.  Shred a few leaves of savoy and when the pasta is cooked and draining, add the cabbage to the bacon to wilt it a little but keep it crunchy.  Stir in the cooked pasta and maybe a tablespoon of cream.  Consume.  Not bad.

I buy packs of cooking bacon and cut it into lardons before I freeze it in packs of approx 100 grams so this recipe was really a quick assembly job.  And I've still spent nothing.



No comments:

Post a Comment