Friday 13 May 2016

Life has given me lemons

I sorted my fridge today as I usually do on Fridays.  I seem to have a lot of lemons.  Well, you know what they say - if life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

I've always loved homemade lemonade but years ago it was quite a faff to make it - grate the zest, squeeze the lemons - you know the drill.  Since I've had a food processor it's easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

Just chop three lemons very roughly including the skin and pith (each one into 4-6 pieces) and bung them into the processor.  Whizz to a pulp.  Add about six tablespoons sugar and whizz again.  

Strain the pulp and sugar mixture through a sieve.  Don't push it through, just leave it to do its own thing for half an hour.  Then pour about a pint of cold water through the stuff left in the sieve and let that drain into the strained juice.  You now have lemonade which you can put in a jug and chill in the fridge.

This is not a cheap recipe unless you can find cheap lemons on RFQS but it is a treat fit to be served to anyone.  (Or just kept for yourself!)  Enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. Sound delicious, just right for the sunshine filled days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds lovely -- I haven't had real lemonade in a dog's age. I should make some --and honestly, I like your idea of using the food processor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just right for a hot Summer day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boys love homemade lemonade. I make mine in my blender.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds a really easy recipe - I'll try it. Of course it would go perfectly with my gin! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LoVe homemade Lemon Butter...yummm

    ReplyDelete