Friday 13 March 2015

Nearly!


I thought today might be the day that I broke into my tenner.

I took a friend to Grimsby and the arrangement was that I would get some photos printed for her while she whizzed around the supermarket.  The problem was that if I did it while she whizzed the cost would have been £39 but if I could leave it for an hour it would only be £25.  Now it was my friend's money but I really couldn't face wasting £14 so with a heavy heart I made my way to buy a coffee.  When I saw a deal on coffee and cake I knew I was sunk.

BUT my friend insisted on paying for the coffee and cake.  And a second coffee as we couldn't make the first ones last an hour.  I declined a second slice of cake so now I am back to feeling like this




5 comments:

  1. You are doing well. Are they your doodles? They're great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they are the result of some time-wasting-procrastinating-googling-doodling. But I wish they were mine because I rather like them!

      Delete
  2. Hey and you got the Freebie Friday in as well! Free for you but technically not free as your friend paid for it, but I'm sure she was grateful for the ride, the company, and saving the extra money, more than likely even after buying the treats. I'm googling some activities for Sunday and am about to see what twin Cities Frugal Mom has on her site. Want to jump the pond and join us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd totally forgotten about the activities. I sorted all my utilities at the beginning of the year so Thursday didn't happen. I don't go out on Saturdays so I can't spend points. So you win!

      Delete