Tuesday 9 September 2014

A Day Out

The weather has again become lovely and I decided that today I would have a day out.  I went to a nearby country park but decided that I wanted to keep within my Frugally Challenged budget.  So, yesterday I made some lovely fresh bread and this morning I dug a tin of tuna out of the store cupboard and made a round of lovely fresh sandwiches.  I also found a vacuum flask and made fresh coffee so while I was out I spent NOTHING, an accomplishment almost unheard of for me!

I've also found a piece of belly pork in the freezer and am going to roast it.  It will make a lovely meal for tonight but even more important it will be cold meat for the next few days.  I've got a few home grown potatoes left (Pink Fir Apples) and will fetch beans in from the garden. yum -mee!

No comments:

Post a Comment